Women’s Hair Loss, Balding, and Treatment Options
About Women’s Hair loss and Balding
Female pattern hair loss (FPHL) and Female Androgenetic Alopecia (FAGA) are two disorders in which hair restoration can show benefit. The clinical picture begins with miniaturization and thinning of the hair in a specific pattern.Hair loss can be initially noticed in the midline vertical part of the hair and/or diffuse hair loss to the top of the scalp but with an intact hairline.
A hair analysis at CHT can help determine if FUE hair transplant surgery or Alternative Hair Growth Therapy will help restore the density of your hair in these thinning areas.
Coastal combats Female Baldness with a suite of Hair Restoration Procedures and Treatments.
Other causes of female hair loss related to Traction Alopecia and Scarring Alopecia secondary to trauma, surgery and burns are also other common indications for FUE transplant surgery.
CAUSES OF WOMEN’S HAIR LOSS
- Genetics: (Androgenetic Alopecia)
- Aging: in later years, hair transitions into the resting phase of hair growth (referred to as involutional alopecia)
- Hormonal Changes : sometimes induced by menopause or childbirth
- Trichotillomania: a disorder where a woman cannot resist an urge to pull out her own hair
- Alopecia Areata: a fairly common autoimmune disorder that can result inn unpredictable hair loss
- Thyroid Disease
- Cancer Treatment: chemotherapies and radiation
- Prescription Drugs: including blood thinners, birth control, heart and blood pressure medications and anti-depressiants
- Diet: protein and iron play a key role in maintaining healthy hair
- Aggressive Hair Styling: excessive blow drying, heat curling, straightening etc can damage your hair
- Chemical Treatments: coloring, perms and relaxers can lead to an overall of hair loss
It is important to positively identify other causes of hair loss. The hair loss evaluation during your consultation will focus on Female Androgenetic Alopecia (FAGA) and Female Pattern Hair Loss (FPHL) therapies and treatments. The consultation DOES NOT include serum laboratory studies, tissue biopsy or other diagnosis and treatments of non AGA /FPHL related disorders. All patients are encouraged to follow-up with a Dermatologist specializing in hair loss.
CHT Hair Transplant Results
CHT Patients Benefiting from our FUE Transplant & Restoration Proprocedures
©2019 Andrew Reidy, MD, All Rights Reserved